Sunday writing chat prompts for 10 April 2022

Home Forums Just the Place for a Snark Sunday writing chat prompts for 10 April 2022

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Broker
      Participant

The Sunday Brunch Prompted Writing Chat is an opportunity each week to test your skills at writing under pressure — or to have some fun without the need to be brilliant — or both!

The prompts are intended as both as a challenge and a starting point, open to creative interpretation. You can use these as an excuse to write anything that comes to mind, whether it’s fiction or creative non-fiction or a mixture of both. You can write a separate piece for each prompt, or try to link them all together in a single story.

If you join in the chat, you can add “an excuse to complain about unfair prompts” to the entertainment, too. But even if you can’t attend the chat session, feel free to give the prompts a try anyway (and leave your responses, comments, or complaints in this thread if you like).

This week’s prompts are posted below.

1. Use the following five words: resident, choose, broadcast, kill, toast. (10 min)

2. Use the phrase, “Wait and see.” (10 min)

3. Write about trying to stay awake. (10 min)

Sue
      Participant

It was finally official. I was a resident of my hometown again. If I had to choose to do this all over again, I would without hesitation. That’s not to say it wasn’t a challenge but so far, the stress and sleepless nights have been more than balanced by the ability to see my mom whenever I want.

Sure, I’ve broadcast the fact I was moving, but it was a huge feeling of satisfaction that I updated my online status to ‘Moved Home’.

Today, after a week of showing my stepdaughter around my old haunts, I broke down an bought a toaster. Here on the East Coast brown bread isn’t referring to whole wheat, it means molasses bread. Toasted molasses bread is taste-of-home comfort food. The amount I’ve eaten since I got back will probably kill me, but I’ll die a happy camper.

Even hubby has settled into his new surroundings. I was sure it would take longer and was prepared for a delayed wait, to see if he’d be comfortable here. Having his daughter visit has helped him understand this was his house now… mostly.

Am I relieved?

You have no idea how much.

Even with having to be up at three-thirty this morning to drive Jim’s daughter to the airport. We came home at six-twenty-five, made coffee, and attempted to stay awake for the day.

We didn’t make it through half a cup before we went back to bed. Jim assumed it was night because he was sleepy and even though I knew what time of day it was, I slept for a solid two hours.

Now, Jim barely remembers his daughter was here. It could have gone either way, he could also have been asking where she was every three minutes. He’s good at remembering he has a question, he’s not so good at remembering it was answered.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.